A swimming pool is a great way to enjoy the wonderful Mediterranean climate in Orange County, and pool decks enable you to fully enjoy this backyard oasis. The surface requires care and maintenance to prevent the concrete from developing cracks, which can threaten the structural integrity of your decking. These defects can pose a safety hazard and detract from the appearance of your pool.
Traditional concrete surfaces can crack, chip or flake for a number of reasons, such as exposure to the sun, rain and wind. Seismic activity can cause the soil to shift beneath the structure as well. Another potential issue is that the non-slip surface can wear away due to continual use. To correct these issues and prevent future problems, you should schedule professional pool deck repair service.
How does Pool Deck Repair Service Work?
Damaged Concrete Pool decks don’t need to be replaced with a new pour. There are better ways to solve it like Decorative Concrete! This can be broken up into to types depending on your needs.
➢Pool Deck Resurfacing
Pool deck repair Orange County can be done by applying a thin layer of material that acts as a coating. Preparation involves sealing any major cracks and cleaning the surface to remove any debris, mold, and washable stains. The end result is a beautiful glossy surface with no damage in sight. Compared to refinishing, this is a more extensive repair option since it utilizes a concrete coating and a stain may be optional to add vibrancy and beauty to any deck.
➢Pool Deck Refinishing
Pool deck repair services such as refinishing are for minor imperfections like stubborn or permanent stains on your pool deck. For this, pool deck staining is done using a water-based or acid-based stain to recolor and conceal unwanted discoloration. Compared to resurfacing, the technique doesn’t involve any concrete overlay.
What are the benefits of getting a Pool Deck Repair Service?
Our repair services may look simple but the benefits are better than getting a new deck! When it comes to appearance, time, and cost, nothing is better than decorative concrete solutions in getting your money’s worth!
- Less time, less cost. Getting a new pour to solve the cracks will not only cost you much but also take longer to cure and be ready for the water. Getting a resurfacing or refinishing is quicker and cheaper but gives you stunning results all the same.
- Repair & Recreate. While addressing the main concern of fixing the damage, you also get to redesign your pool deck! Compliment your landscapes and gardens with warm colors or create a nautical-inspired theme with cool blues. The options are endless and our team is always ready to sit down with you to talk about your dream pool project.
- Safety First. Don’t wait for accidents & injuries to happen before you get those holes fixed! Get a pool deck repair Orange county and rest assured that your pool is safe for kids and adults alike.
- Less work, more fun. Wy go through the trouble of buying the materials, paint and equipment needed to do the repair when you can get professionals to do it for you? Skip the chore and enjoy with your loved ones and leave the repairing to us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Damaged concrete pool decks are repairable with concrete resurfacing. Cover up cracks, holes, and discoloration with a variety of options like stamped concrete and acrylic coatings. Getting a team of experienced pool deck contractors can put you at ease since they’ll get it done in a jiffy.
Concrete contractors will charge you by square meter. You can expect to pay around $6 to $8 per square meter. This includes all the necessary preparations of your concrete and a top coat to seal it all in and protect it from water corrosion.
Epoxy is not UV-friendly because harsh rays can cause it to turn yellow and off-putting. Still, new products have been developed that make epoxy resistant to UV damage. Retain the color and enjoy the benefits of epoxy on your concrete pool decks.
Step 1. Prepare the surface. Get rid of all the debris and dirt built up from the previous years. Make sure you clean it well because a lot of coating problems arise from improper cleaning of pool decks. Let dry for 24 hours.
Step 2. Fill in the Gaps. Get a good quality sealer and seal away the empty spots on your concrete. Don’t miss out on any fine lines and holes as well. Squeeze in a generous amount and use a damp sponge to dab away the residue around the edges. Let dry for 24 hours.
Step 3. Pour the coating. It’s time for the good stuff. Mix the coating according to the product description. Have a trowel and pail ready beside you and pour just enough for you to trowel it around the surface. Evenly coat it on the pool deck and leave it pooling at the sides. This way, you don’t risk it drying to quickly. Let dry for 24 hours.
Step 4. Apply the top coat/sealer. Again, by a premium concrete pool deck sealer that will guard against water seeping into the concrete. Be careful since this may have toxic fumes. Prepare with the appropriate safety measures like a gas mask. Trowel it evenly and let it dry.
Find the process too challenging? Don’t worry. There are experts ready to take the job from you. If you’re looking for concrete pool deck contractors around the Orange County area, try us here at Orange County Pool Decking pros!
Why Hire Professional Pool Deck Repair Orange County Contractors
We take pride in our team of professional pool deck contractors. Contrary to popular belief, hiring a contractor might be the best idea when dealing with damaged concrete. Here are some reasons why:
- More experience. With over 20 years of experience in the pool deck resurfacing industry, we are licensed and bonded to accomplish any repair job through decorative concrete. We believe replacing concrete is definitely a bigger cost and a longer procedure so why replace it if you can resurface it for longer use!
- Fewer Mistakes. The downsides of DIYs or inexperienced contractors would be the big margin of error. Nothing beats experience and many have tried to repair a crack to only end up making it worse or covering the eyesore without solving the problem. Get experienced contractors that know how to figure out the cause and solution to the damages on your concrete.
- Faster than a Do-It-Yourself Repair. Our team is complete with equipment and skills to get the job done quickly and easily. No need to outsource additional personnel! We assure you our work can get it done while you have quality time with the people you love! Leave it to us because we highly recommend you get the rest you deserve!
- Professionally done. Forget the uneven surfaces and badly done crack filling! We use great equipment and have meticulous workers on the team to get you what your money deserves, even more! We’ll get your decks looking good as new.